I Didn't See a Parking Meter

In France (and other European countries), you should be careful when parking on city streets. Careful you say? By careful, I mean that one should look around for a machine similar to the one pictured above. In many cities, there are no parking meters, but there are machines that dispense a receipt with time issued and the number of minutes that you have purchased. This receipt must be displayed in plain view (like on the dashboard) for the parking police to see. If you get a parking ticket, I can assure you that ignorance of the law or saying "we don't have those back home" won't work. I know, I've tried it.

Comments

  1. I don't remember seeing this in Paris, but then again, I didn't have a car when I visited! I hope to visit again one day - thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts