On to Seattle

Arriving at the airport to go on a well planned vacation usually reminds me of John Steinbeck’s Travels with Charlie. The planning has been a big part of the trip. Now, I begin to worry that the trip may not live up to the expectation. Well, I’ll soon know the answer to that question.
We arrived in Seattle without any problems. Our traveling companions had made reservations at a new restaurant that I had read about in the Week, my favorite news magazine. Cascina Spinasse turned out to be a very good, no exceptional restaurant. Poached veal with caper mayo, greens with pheasant, ravioli with nettles, and rabbit roasted with potatoes and olives. Dessert was a mix of chocolates. Someone almost coated them with cream, not me!





We went back to our hotel to await our 4:15AM wake up call, yikes! The flight is at 6:20AM.

PS The link via sattelite is spotty, just a warning.





Comments

Popular Posts