Almost gone...

Vacations that are weeks away cause little to no anxiety. As the departure date draws to within a few days, high anxiety sets in. Do I have all I need? Did I pack enough or too much? These are familiar demons.

Today, in just a few hours, we head to the airport for a 3 week trip to Peru. It is our first time in South America. We will spend 5 days in the jungle at the headwaters of the Amazon. We will take a 10 day trek from Cusco to Machu Picchu. There will be some before, middle and after days in Cusco, high in the Andes. We've got our shots (Hep A&B, Yellow Fever, Malaria, Typhoid, etc). Now we have to pack enough without going over our jungle and trek limits on luggage. The limit is 25 pounds in a soft sided duffel for each of us. What do I take, and what don't I need? The eternal questions. Gotta go!

Comments

Popular Posts