All Things Must Start Anew

It has been some time since I made any, and I mean any, adjustments or additions to my website. The old website was built on a Photoshop centric software, called Sitegrinder. If your skills in Photoshop are good, a site can be built using a precise system of layer naming and layer comps. My skills in Photoshop have earned me an instructor status from Adobe, but Sitegrinder did test me numerous times. I built 2 sites, one for my wife and one for me.

 Screen shot of my last website home page

I was pretty happy with my last design. It was actually the first one that I attempted. It was still a little "klunky", and somewhat difficult to update without considerable effort. So, it hasn't seen an update since its debut in November 2011.

Several months ago, I joined the Adobe Creative Cloud and gained access to their new website software, Muse. Muse is not designed for coders; it is aimed at designers. I'm not sure that refers to me, but it is much simpler if you don't need to learn to use HTML code. I played around with Muse, but did not devote too much time to learning its capabilities. Upon returning from a 3 week trip to Argentina and Chile, I was motivated anew. 

Just about an hour ago, I uploaded the new site. 

Screen capture of the new website

This new site will likely need a tweek or two, but it is easy to update or change. I know; I've done it 2 times in the first 30 minutes after its initial upload. A large amount of my developing time was selecting the 350+ images on the site and optimizing them for the web. 

I hope you go take a look at: http://www.frankragan.com/

Now, I've got to get busy on my wife's site.

Comments

Popular Posts