Stuart finds the water




(As of 3:26PM CDT, I replaced the original video with a modified version. Believe it or not, I had a eureka moment that led to a fix of an audio problem.)


Okay, it is a rather simplistic video, but I am attempting to understand the relationship between QuickTime videos and Photoshop CS4 Extended. I bought an HD camera to take on my trip to Alaska. My intention is to blog during the trip as I did on last summer's adventure to Iceland and Norway. I decided on the Sony Webbie PM1. With a 4 gig card, it set me back about $200. Pretty inexpensive for an HD camcorder. It does not have any bells and whistles. It is comparable to the Flip Mino HD but without the following the Flip has.


I've been shooting a bunch of goofy, short videos and attempting to finesse them in Photoshop. I've pretty much figured out how to add titles, fades, etc. I have been struggling with the compression when rendering the finished video. They just get too big when I attempt to join multiple video segments. It looks like I'll need some other editing software that will allow for higher compression. QuickTime Pro is an option, but I'm still looking.

Comments

  1. Oh, here we go again! Looks like you picked a good one guys. Totally enjoy. I too have signed up for a cruise in July. Two weeks on the Black Sea Voyage. Should be interesting as well. Maybe I will be able to learn to blog from you. Be Safe. Aggie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts