The Moment It Clicks

Joe McNally's new book The Moment It Clicks: Photography secrets from one of the world's top shooters is getting quite a bit of buzz. I've seen reference to it on numerous blogs and saw a really good video preview of the book. Subsequently, I stumbled onto a pretty amazing video about a photo shoot Joe did for National Geographic at the very top of the Empire State Building.

There are two things that struck me in looking at Joe's postings. First, the use of the web like YouTube, blogs, etc. has become a very powerful marketing tool. This type of marketing did not really exist even 5 years ago, and I can't really grasp how it will evolve. Second, Joe gets some really cool assignments. I guess being an internationally known photographer able to pull off difficult assignments helps.

To further make my marketing point, I've just advertised McNally's book and his photography prowess.

Comments

Popular Posts