On the porch in Port "A"

A couple of summers ago, my wife and I decided to get away for a couple of mid-week days. So, we took off in the direction of the Texas gulf coast. We ended up in Port Aransas and stayed at the Tarpon Inn. The Tarpon Inn was first built in 1886, but it has gone through many renovations due to a fire in 1900 and a tidal wave in 1919. You get the picture. The current owners have recaptured its old charm. It is a very cool place to stay with tales former guests that range from presidents to movie stars and even lion tamers. I attempted to do some HDR photography, and one of my first images was of the Tarpon Inn's porch at dawn. The lights were still aglow when I took this shot on the porch. Check out the Tarpon Inn here.

Fuji FinePix S2 Pro, Tamron 17-35mm lens set to 17mm, f16 at various exposures.


Comments

Popular Posts