Packing: A journey into the weight space continuum



Now that airline baggage rules have changed, many of us may fear the possibility of entering the weight space continuum. I’ve actually had a dream that the overweight luggage charges are a simulated reality created by airlines in order to subdue the human population.

Anyway, I don’t know about you, but I dread putting my luggage on the scale. I feel like I’m moving in the direction of alert level orange, maybe red. I have attempted to put 2 bags on the scale at the same time and hope that the total is less than 100 pounds. I’ve been met with, “Please remove one of the bags, sir”.

If one bag goes over the limit, split second decision making is essential, pay or remove weight. Pay is easy; remove weight is risky. The bags are packed to a level that tests their burst strength. Unzipping will yield surprises for everyone waiting in line. If the wrong thing pops out, my body heat will rise due to the embarrassment
; it might go high enough to be considered as an alternate energy source.




Comments

  1. I understand your dilemma. When I travelled overseas, it was so hard to keep things to a bare minimum - I wish u luck!

    pS...leave the Santa doll at home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts