Indecisive Moments

I have often thought about Henri Cartier-Bresson and the Decisive Moment. Recently, I was listening to an interview of the award winning photographer Nevada Wier . She spoke of the indecisive moment. I've heard of this before in relation to Elliott Erwitt and others. But, for Nevada, the indecisive moment is when her point and shoot digital camera does not take the picture at the moment she expects it to. You know that dreaded delay that takes a picture just after the decisive moment. I like the phrase, indecisive moment in that sense makes sense. It sort of captures that moment of frustration, not the moment of your choice. The image above is not exactly a great indecisive moment, but the shutter did not respond as quickly as I expected. So, in a way it is an indecisive moment. It was taken in Paris near the rue du Chat-qui-Pêche (street of the fishing cat), reported to be the narrowest street in Paris.

Comments

Popular Posts