Take a Hike - Everyday would be good!


I stopped taking a highly lauded colestorel medication, Zetia, about 7 or 8 months ago when a study revealed that it really didn't decrease colestorel. Six months without it and my colestorel is still well within the lower limits of the range considered to be healthy. I guess it must be the extra exercise and the effort made to keep my weight at an acceptable level. I always thought that I was more tward the upper end of the scale for those who exercise (at least at my age). Even on vacations, walking 5 to 10 kilometers a day is not unusual for my wife and me. For example, I remember the first time I made the trek from near the Louvre to Monte Martre to visit Sacré-Cœur Basilica ("Basilica of the Sacred Heart"). There is lots of uphill hiking followed by steep steps. You have seen them in many of the films made in Paris. It's good exercise to go up and down the steps a few times a day, if you're up to it. Here is a view of the steps from the top.

Fuji FinePix S2 Pro, Tamron 28-75mm lens, ISO 200, f16 (top image), f8 (bottom image) at 1/125 second.

Comments

Popular Posts